Sugar Brain specifications
This project is a sugarized clone of the desktop application GBrainy for GNOME.
The goal of this activity is to provide an easy to use authoring tool which ould be used by teachers to create exercises matching the school curriculum.
- Each puzzles consists of:
- a text question
- optionally, one or more pictures (in SVG *or* graphics)
- expected answer
- the numeric score for getting the answer right
- Load puzzles from a puzzle "database" of various subjects (math, history, geography...)
- Answers can be given by the student in a text field and will be compared with the correct one using a string match
- At the end, the activity will display the score and total time
Implemenation tip: the database could be implemented simply as a directory containing ".puzzle" files. The file format could be JSON or XML. Text could be formatted in HTML or using a wiki-like syntax.
- Answers should be saved to the journal.
- Resuming the activity lets you continue answering the questions
- Random mode: display puzzles of a specified difficulty in random order
- Multiplayer: compete with other kids on speed or correctness
- Allow answering questions by clicking on hot areas in the pictures
Optional future expansion
- Provide an editor for creating new puzzles
- Download puzzle packs from a website
- Puzzles with embedded Python code